Collection of Your Information
We collect information as part of operating our website and providing services.
• We may ask you to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, or telephone number. We may also collect demographic information, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, and treatments of interest.
• We collect additional information about your interaction with our sites and services without identifying you as an individual. For example, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses. We also use Web site analytics tools on our sites to retrieve information from your browser, including the site you came from, the search engine(s) and the keywords you used to find our site, the pages you view within our site, your browser add-ons, and your browser’s width and height.
• We use technologies, such as cookies and web beacons (described below), to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our sites and services.
• We also deliver advertisements and provide website analytics tools on third-party sites and services, and we collect information about page views on these third party sites as well.
• When you receive newsletters or updates from us by email, we may use web beacons (described below), customized links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you more focused e-mail communications or other information.
• In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with our site, we may supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other companies. For example, we may use services from other companies that enable us to derive a general geographic area based on your IP address in order to customize certain services to your geographic area.
Use of Your Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information to operate and improve our site and services. These uses include providing you with more effective customer service; making the sites or services easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information; performing research and analysis aimed at improving our services and technologies; and displaying content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences.
We also use your personal information to communicate with you. We may send certain mandatory service communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, information on technical service issues, and security announcements. Additionally, with your permission, we may also occasionally send you surveys or promotional mailings to inform you of other products or services available from us or our affiliates, and/or share your personal information with our business partners so they may send you information about their products and services. You can opt-out from receiving newsletters or promotional e-mail anytime by using this web form or by following the steps as described in the respective newsletter or promotional e-mail.
Personal information collected on our sites and services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which we maintain facilities.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
Except as described in this statement, we will not disclose your personal information outside of our company and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your consent.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, hosting websites, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. Those service providers will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose than for delivering the service to us in accordance with our instructions and policies.
Security of Your Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information we collect on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a password) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
If a password is used to help protect your personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Display of Advertising
We may display advertising to you. When we display online advertisements to you, we will place one or more persistent cookies on your computer in order to recognize your computer each time we display an ad to you. Because we serve advertisements on our own websites as well as those of our advertising partners, we are able to compile information over time about the types of pages, content and ads you, or others who are using your computer, visited or viewed. This information is used for many purposes, for example, it helps us try to ensure that you do not see the same advertisements over and over again. We also use this information to help select and display targeted advertisements that we believe may be of interest to you.
We engage in remarketing efforts with third-parties such as Google. To engage in remarketing, we may add a small piece of code to specific pages of our site that reads a user’s cookie and adds that cookie to a remarketing list. For example, we may add this code to our homepage so that when people visit our homepage, their cookie ID is added to the remarketing list. Using that list, we may create ad campaigns with a specific message for people who have visited our homepage while they browse other sites.
Our website uses “cookies,” which are small text files placed on your hard disk by a Web server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies, and some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.
Use of Web Beacons
Our website pages may contain electronic images known as Web beacons – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on our sites and allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. We may include Web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or our newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
We may also employ Web beacons from third parties in order to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations of our sites. We prohibit Web beacons on our sites from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information.
Finally, we may work with other companies that advertise on our sites to place Web beacons on their sites in order to allow us to develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement on our site results in action on the advertiser’s site.